Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ashok Gehlot, the former chief minister of Rajasthan and AICC general secretary

Do you see yourself as chief minister, and if that is the case, what would your priorities be?
How can I comment on it... it is for the legislators and the party high command to decide. I am just a party worker and I am ready to take on any responsibility the party gives me.

I cannot spell out my priorities so early. But one thing is clear: whosoever becomes the Congress CM would provide a sensitive and transparent government in the state.

Would you like to comment on PCC president CP Joshi’s defeat?
He lost by one vote only. We term his defeat as a victory because it was due to his efforts that Congress won so many seats in Rajasthan.

Do you see any sabotage in the 1-vote defeat?
No, there was no sabotage. The real sabotage took place in the BJP, where the rebels campaigned actively against the party and destroyed their efforts on the day of elections.....Continue